OUTSTANDING YOUNG SCIENTIST (OYS) AWARD
The Outstanding Young Scientist (OYS) Awards are given to young Filipino scientists (must not be 41 years old within January to December in the year of the awarding) who have made significant contributions to science and technology.
A total of twelve (12) OYS Awards are available annually, split among the following divisions:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
The award consists of a trophy and a cash prize.
A nominee must be:
- A Filipino citizen;
- Must not be forty one (41) years old or older within January to December in the year of the awarding
- Of exceptional ability to undertake scientific research as evidenced by papers published in reputable scientific journals; and
- Of good moral character.
Judging is based on:
- Quality and number of scientific works and publications
- Contributions to the advancement of science in general and science in the
- Philippines, in particular; and
- Contributions to the well-being of the Philippine economy and culture.
Nominations for these awards may be made by heads of government or private research institutions, departments of colleges or universities, or academic or professional scientific organizations or societies.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
The nomination form is available here.